Test Instructions - 2 steps only
Each kit will give you 50 tests.
- Using the 2.5 ml syringe add only 2 ml of Ca-1 to the test vial.
- Add one flat 0.15 ml scoop of Ca-2 powder to the test vial and swirl.
• The solution should appear this color
- Using the 1 ml syringe, place the metal needle firmly and draw up the aquarium water until the lower end of syringe's black rubber is right on the 1.00 ml mark. Before this step, ensure that the needle is empty of liquids and that it's submersed in water the entire time to avoid air entering to the syringe.
• The presence of a layer of air between the liquid and the black part of syringe is normal and will not affect the result. (The normal air layer you should see is equal to 0.1 ml.)
- Begin adding aquarium water to the test vial one drop at a time, swirling a little after each drop until the solution appears this color
Attention: before any use of the vial test, make sure it is washed with RO water only and dry it up with a soft paper.
• If the solution in the test vial does not reach this color and you have used all the aquarium water in the syringe, return back to step 3 (It means that concentration of calcium is below 320ppm).
• If after adding another 1.00 ml of water a second time, the color is still not changed this means that the concentration of calcium is below 160ppm.
Faster test can be achieved without the metal needle with a potential mistake of 3%.
- Note the position of the lower black part of syringe (each division corresponds to 0.01 ml) and obtain the Calcium concentration from Table 1. Readings should be taken at the position of the lower end of syringe's black rubber.
• If you needed to return to step 3 a second time then use Table 2 to obtain the Calcium concentration. NSW Calcium is around 400 PPM. Our recommendation is to keep Calcium levels in the tank between: 390-440. In case of low Calcium, use Royal Calcium powder or liquid to keep parameters between: 390-440 PPM.
ROYAL CALCIUM PROFESSIONAL TEST
The volume of salt water that can be made from a single bucket 23kg of Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro Salt depends on the required SG or PPT of the final solution. In order to get to a specific gravity of -1.0264 = 35.5 PPT, we recommend mixing 1 kg of Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro Salt with 26 liters of RO water using circulating pump.
The resulting salt water is ready for use when the salt is completely dissolved, a process that should take about 30 minutes. Best results are at temperature of 24-25 c (74-76 F). Check salinity with a reliable and calibrated refractometer and add salt or water to achieve the correct level. We recommend monitoring water parameters before adding it to the tank.
A weekly partial water change of 10-12% using Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro salt will ensure balance of all macro and micro elements with their natural values.
Caution: In case of replacing any synthetic salt with Royal Nature Ion Balanced Pro Salt please make sure that the first water change does not exceed more than 3-4%, the second WC of 5-6%, the third WC of 8-10%. Regular WC - not more than 25% at a time.